Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Timo's playing with a plant!

My children are so helpful...

Today, while I was working on math with Dylan, I hear Diesel cry "Timo's playing with a plant." Thinking I should check on this, I quickly go to the den. I have very few plants still alive at this time, but one of them has a long trailer that hangs down over a 7 foot wall into the family room. Timo appears to have been fascinated by this and was checking it out. Diesel, being a good big brother, took it out of his hands and was keeping it out of his reach. Unfortunately he was standing farther away from the wall than Timo and backed up to keep Timo from grabbing the vine again. The plant was not long enough. I arrived in time to see the plant fall off the ledge and on to Timo's head. Fortunately I hadn't gotten around to putting the plant into a ceramic pot and it hadn't been watered in a week. So Timo just got a face full of dirt and a light bounce on the head - much more gentle than he get from playing with his brothers. He seemed quite delighted by the experience. But he was very upset at being put into the pack and play so I could clean up without any more help from my children.

No comments: