Friday, March 9, 2007

No voice, but I am still in charge, sort of

I can't stop coughing - unless I stop talking. I did read-alouds with my son for school today and then tried to read his history. I could not stop hacking away. He brilliantly took this as a sign that school was over and ran to the other room with his little brother. I sat dejectedly in the school room wondering if I should throw in the towel, or wait til John came home to make him work with me.

I decided that there are some subjects that don't require much talking from me. We don't do many workbooks, but he can do those! So I wrote him a note (thank God can read), waved a choice of 2 videos in front of Diesel and herded Dylan back to the school room. And now he is slowly plodding through work. But some is getting done and I don't need to write off another day. I am grateful for small miracles.

No comments: